Wake Radiology and UNC Rex Healthcare
Partners in Medical Imaging Excellence
On February 23, 2019, Wake Radiology and UNC REX Healthcare officially launched a partnership for outpatient medical imaging. This innovative collaboration, originally announced in early 2017, will enhance the ability of both organizations to provide value-based, subspecialty medical imaging throughout the greater Triangle. Learn more about this expansion in exceptional care and medical imaging:
Key benefits of this partnership
This joint venture reinforces our dedication to quality and our commitment to subspecialized, world-class care while offering our patient community a greater selection of imaging offices throughout the Triangle.
- Patients gain greater access to cost-effective imaging procedures in a convenient outpatient setting.
- 14 outpatient imaging locations across the greater Triangle
- 3D mammography offered at ALL locations
- Interpretations provided by 50+ subspecialty trained radiologists
- Patient reports / images ordered through the UNC EPIC System will be accessible through this same system
- Patients with more complex needs will experience quicker access to imaging services at UNC REX Hospital
How to Order Imaging at Wake Radiology UNC REX Healthcare
- Infina Connect: We encourage providers to select Wake Radiology when using this tool.
- UNC CareLink: Providers using this platform may continue to do so. Radiology orders will be electronically submitted to Wake Radiology via the UNC REX EPIC workflow.
- Referral Order Pads: All order pads now include all Wake Radiology UNC REX Healthcare locations. Click here for printable forms.
- UNC EPIC: External orders are no longer necessary for Wake Radiology. When ordering through EPIC choose REX and orders will autoflow to the appropriate scheduling work queues.