Making an Appointment
At WakeRad REX, our highly trained scheduling team coordinates directly with our referring physician’s office or, if preferred, directly with the patient. We take the time to “custom build” each radiology appointment. This helps ensure the right test is given to the right patient at the right time for the right medical reasons.
- For screening mammography, evening, Saturday and same-day appointments are available, and walk-ins are welcome.
- For MRI services, early morning, late evening and weekend appointments are available. Additionally, schedulers can call during the weekend to make appointments for the following week.
- For routine diagnostic X-rays, exams are performed on a walk-in basis with minimal wait times for patients who have a signed physician referral.
- Requests for late-day add-ons can frequently be accommodated.
Fax Order Requests
- Order form pads. If your office/practice needs more order form pads, please contact your physician liaison directly. If you don’t know who your physician liaison is, contact April White, Director of Physician Liaison Services. April can be reached at 919-788-7908 (office), 919-632-3318 (cell) or via email.
- Printable order sheets. If you need an order form immediately, you can now download and print an individual order form using this portal. Click here
Online Order Requests
WakeRad REX recently updated its WakeRad REX Online Order Center making it even easier for schedulers and providers to request imaging studies online. Learn more
ACR Appropriateness Criteria
The ACR Appropriateness Criteria (AC) are evidence-based guidelines to assist referring physicians and other providers in making the most appropriate imaging or treatment decision for a specific clinical condition. Employing these guidelines helps providers enhance the quality of care and contribute to the most efficacious use of radiology. Learn More
For situations that are not addressed by the ACR or that require an individualized approach, please contact our radiologists via our physician hotline numbers to discuss workup strategies.
Hotlines for Clinical Decision Support
WakeRad REX understands the importance of being accessible to referring providers. Our radiologists are available from 8:00am – 5:00pm to help physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and staff members select the appropriate exam. Our teams can also discuss diagnosis and help chart a course of treatment. Not only do we maintain physician hotlines for all our specialties, but many of our radiologists are also available on their personal cell phones. Learn more