Making an Appointment
At Wake Radiology, we take the time to “custom build” each radiology appointment. This helps ensure the right test is given to the right patient at the right time for the right medical reasons. Our highly trained scheduling team can coordinate with the referring physician’s office or, if preferred, directly with the patient.
Our attention to detail during the scheduling process can limit the number of call-backs to nurses, decrease the chance of incorrect exams or multi-exam sequencing and enable us to add an additional exam based on the physician’s recommendation. This thoughtful approach helps ensure that your patients won’t have to take time off for radiology exams that aren’t medically necessary. By not overbooking our rooms, we are able to take the time needed to address patient questions without appearing rushed. Our approach to scheduling improves the standard of outpatient imaging care and patient satisfaction.
- For screening mammography, evening, Saturday and same-day appointments are available, and walk-ins are welcome.
- For MRI services, early morning, late evening and weekend appointments are available. Additionally, schedulers can call during the weekend to make appointments for the following week.
- For routine diagnostic X-rays, exams are performed on a walk-in basis with minimal wait times for patients who have a signed physician referral.
- Requests for late-day add-ons can frequently be accommodated.
Online order requests
Wake Radiology recently updated its Wake Radiology Online Order Center making it even easier for schedulers and providers to request imaging studies online. Learn more
Fax order requests
- Order form pads. If your office needs more order form pads, please contact your physician liaison directly. If you don’t know who your physician liaison is, contact April White, Director of Physician Liaison Services. April can be reached at 919-788-7908 (office), 919-632-3318 (cell) or via email.
- Individual order sheets. If you need an order form immediately, you can now download and print an individual order form using this portal. Learn more
Hotlines for clinical decision support
Wake Radiology understands the importance of being accessible to referring providers. Our radiologists are available from 8:00am – 5:00pm to help physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and staff members select the appropriate exam. Our teams can also discuss diagnosis and help chart a course of treatment. Not only do we maintain physician hotlines for all our specialties, but many of our radiologists are also available on their personal cell phones. Learn more