Reports & Imaging
21st Century CURES Act Impacts Radiology Report Delivery
Wake Rad UNC REX, like all healthcare providers and hospitals, is implementing new standards required by the 21st Century CURES Act. Starting April 5, 2021, all finalized imaging reports will be immediately accessible to patients.
- Patients who visit our outpatient imaging offices will access reports via the Wake Rad UNC REX Patient Portal.
- Patients who receive imaging at UNC REX Healthcare will access reports via MyUNCChart.org.
We understand imaging reports are only one piece of a patient’s overall health record. That’s why we’ll continue to advise patients to direct all questions about imaging reports to the medical provider who ordered their exam. This provider is best suited to explain the report and determine next steps in their treatment and care.
WakeRad UNC REX offers easy online access to reports and imaging.
We’ve partnered with multiple service providers to ensure you can easily connect with Wake Rad in the way that best suits your office’s needs.
- Our physician liaison team has deep radiology experience. Contact April White, Director of Physician Services, at 919-788-7908 to learn how to connect orders, access reports and view imaging.
- Contact our Help Desk at 919-788-7885 with technical questions or system requirements.
Using our InteleConnect PACS, referring providers and their staff can retrieve, manage and view studies performed at any WakeRad UNC REX location as well as prior exams performed elsewhere that were obtained for comparison. Learn more or register for a new account.
Wake Radiology UNC REX has an established interface with UNC Rex Health. This connection creates a seamless workflow by selecting “Rex” as the imaging-resource.
EHR Interfaces & Meaningful Use
Our team can assist your practice in establishing HL7 electronic interfaces to your EHR systems for radiology order entry and report distribution. Athena Health and Amazing Charts will partially satisfy Meaningful Use requirements for Stage II:
- Measure 1: place at least 30% of radiology orders via a CPOE system
- Measure 3: accept at least 10% of radiology results into the EHR
Contact April White at 919-788-7908 or via email for more information.