Wake Radiology’s Radiologist
As the region’s largest radiology practice, Wake Radiology brings together the knowledge of nearly 50 radiologists who perform 600,000 procedures each year. Our physicians come from the finest universities and teaching hospitals in the country, are board-certified by the American Board of Radiology (ABR) and highly trained in their subspecialty. In addition to their fellowship training, many radiologists hold a Certificate of Added Qualifications (CAQ) and all of our physicians voluntarily participate in the ABR Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program.
At Wake Radiology, we don’t just have one subspecialty trained radiologist for each area. Instead, we have a team of radiologists, with most sections having six or more members. Wake Radiology is, therefore, able to offer a wide range of subspecialty imaging expertise in women’s and breast, pediatric, orthopedic and sports, neuroradiology (brain, ENT and spine), body (abdomen, chest and cardiac) and emergency imaging well as interventional radiology and vein care.
All • Body Imaging • Breast Imaging • Breast MRI • Interventional • Neuroradiology • Orthopedic & Sports • Pediatric • PET-CT
Wake Radiology gratefully recognizes the following Physicians Emeriti who have contributed long and meritorious service in the radiology field:
- Albert M. Jenkins, MD, diagnostic radiologist
- William H. Sprunt, III, MD, diagnostic radiologist
- Julius A. Green, Jr., MD, diagnostic radiologist
- Ben M. Meares, MD, diagnostic radiologist
- Leo F. Mazzocchi, MD, diagnostic radiogist
- H. Raymond Madry, Jr., MD, diagnostic radiologist
- Louis M. Perlmutt, MD, interventional radiologist
- David F. Merten, MD, pediatric radiologist
- Robert A. Cerwin, MD, body imaging radiologist
- Alan B. Fein, MD, interventional radiologist
- Richard E. Bird, MD, breast imaging radiologist
- Steven R. Mills, MD, body imaging radiologist
- Dennis M. O’Donnell, MD, body imaging radiologist
CME & speakers bureau
Wake Radiology radiologists are available to speak at medical office meetings as well as professional, civic or association meetings. We have an impressive lineup of engaging physicians with a growing list of topics to fill keynote or program needs. To schedule a speaker, please contact April White, Director of Physician Liaison Services, 919-788-7908 (office), 919-632-3318 (cell) or via email.