Insurance Plans & Resources
WakeRad UNC REX is a contracted, in-network provider with every major managed care plan in the greater Triangle. We provide outpatient medical imaging and that means we never charge hospital or facility fees. Combine our outpatient care at 14 locations with solid insurance contracts and our patients receive affordable, quality imaging that meets the highest safety and accreditation standards.
Most insurance plans do pass a portion of the cost of care to patients as a deductible or co-payment. We provide imaging and file claims for patients in and outside our managed care network. Many out-of-network plans do have benefits that cover WakeRad UNC REX imaging fees. However, out-of-network services may result in a higher cost-share to the patient. We encourage patients to verify their benefits with their insurance carrier prior to their exam. To help keep costs manageable WakeRad UNC REX offers interest-free payment plans and prompt payment discounts.
Accepting the following Insurance Plans
Managed Care Plans
- Aetna / Aetna Conventry: Not part of the Duke Select and Duke Basic Network. Members in these networks do not have out-of-network benefits.
- BlueCross BlueShield of North Carolina (BCBSNC) including but not limited to: Blue Advantage, Blue Care, Blue Options, Blue Select, Blue Value/Blue Value with UNC HA, Classic Blue and North Carolina State Health Plan, BCBS Blue Home with UNC Health Alliance
- BlueCross BlueShield in state, outside of North Carolina
- Cigna Health Care / GWH-Cigna: Not part of the Cigna Connect Network. Members in this network do not have out-of-network benefits.
- United Healthcare –
- All Savers
- Community Plan
- Neighborhood Health Partnership
- OneNet PPO
- Oxford Health Plans
- United Healthcare Services Company of the River Valley
Non-Payor Network Programs & PPOS
- Healthgram (formerly Primary PhysicianCare)
- Three Rivers Provider Network (TRPN)
Military / Government Plans
- Tricare (non-Prime plans): Non-network participating provider
- Tricare Prime: Non-network participating provider. Member is responsible for obtaining prime referral to reduce their out-of-pocket expense
- Tricare for Life (secondary to Medicare): Non-network participating provider
- Veteran Administration (VA): Proper VA referral required
- Medicaid of North Carolina
- Medicare Part B
Medicare Part B Supplement Plans
- All Medicare Part B supplements
Medicare Part C (Medicare Advantage / Replacement)
- All Private Fee for Service (PFFS) plans accepted
- Aetna Medicare Advantage: Not part of the Prime HMO and QHP networks. Members in these networks do not have out-of-network benefits
- Blue Medicare
- First Carolina Care Insurance Company: First Medicare Direct Smart HMO & Preferred Plus, including Alignment Health
- Humana Medicare: HMO / PPO, including Alignment Healthcare
- United Healthcare Medicare Solutions
Pre-Authorization for Advanced Imaging
Payment Options & Financial Assistance
- Interest free, extended payment programs with monthly schedules and automatic drafts
- Prompt pay discounts for patients who pay in full at the time of service
- Contact our Billing Department if you or your patients have fee or billing questions.